Sunday, December 19, 2010

Snow

Ya know what I've decided? Snow on the ground stops the wind. Have you ever noticed? I've realized that snow does always seem to make the cold a little easier to bear, but, when I stepped outside today, I noticed something new about it: no wind.

Sure, the snow always adds a...stillness to the world, but, this almost was...I don't even know. But, I've developed a new theory that snow controls the wind, and only uses it to descend from the sky to the earth. And then, it holds it captive until it decides to add the chill.

And then there's the ice. It creates a thin coat on tree branches and small plants, hugging it, making it smoother, slicker. It is so cold to touch, and too tempting to resist.

When the sun is out, I can see the branches of the trees glisten and glimmer, capturing and returning the light like diamonds. I love it even more under the white lights when it's dark. It adds mystery to the air, an almost mysticism to the world. It makes me wonder if there's  an adventure out there for me. If only I could capture it, and go along.

1 comment:

  1. This is so cool! I never thought about snow that way...btw you have such an imaginative way of writing!

    ReplyDelete